Title: Project Lead ( Packaging)
The primary purpose of this job is to lead strategic engineering projects across the Packaging Virtual Team to deliver continuous improvement of manufacturing processes and achieve operational targets. The position is part of a team within the ‘Product and Process Development’ group collaborating with global engineering, supplier quality, regulatory, Planning and R&D. In this role you will lead cross functional teams across multiple manufacturing sites to deliver continuous improvement of quality, service and cost of packaging components & manufacturing processes. In the role you will support, plan and implement key business projects which contribute to the overall business metrics.
- Leading transfer activities of packaging component manufacturing between suppliers
- Lead the planning, implementation and stabilisation of sourcing related projects
- Identify packaging cost and quality improvement opportunities within the business
- Developing business cases and lead key stakeholder alignment process
- Execution and project management responsibilities ensuring the project are delivered on time and within budget
- Conduct detailed product design reviews – Manufacturing technical expert to global design groups.
- Lead risk management and validation lifecycle for new product or process changes
- Conduct engineering studies to ensure compliance
- Execute packaging validation of new product introduction (OQ/PQ)
- Direct PFMEA studies and lead risk assessment effort for overall process.
- Influence innovative qualification methodologies to apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on failure model and overall risk
- Design, develop and source tools, fixtures and special equipment for pack processes. Co-ordinate with internal and external partners.
- Planning of key deliverables into action plans & provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
- Represent the Operations team on product development projects, communicating requirements and proposing solutions.
- Deliver stable manufacturing solutions in line with stability metrics process.
- All employees are responsible for minimising both the Environmental and Health & Safety effects of the work that they perform.
- Minimise Environmental and Health & Safety effects of your work
- Adhere to the company’s procedures as detailed in the SOP manual
- Support Regulatory Affairs with product submissions
- All other duties as directed by direct manager
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required
- Demonstrated validation experience/ exposure
- 1-3 years experience in Medical Devices or regulated industry and exhibiting evidence of GDP and technical writing
- Exposure to Project Management & New Product Introduction
- Self-motivated, with focus on Quality, Delivery and Cost
- Relevant packaging technology and materials experience
- Root Cause analysis and problem-solving techniques & Six Sigma qualifications.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing processes.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Planning & Organizing Skills
For more information please contact: [email protected]