This role reports into the Head of Commercial Finance Support and is responsible for the enforcement and implementation of Masterdata standards, quality and policies across the group. The MDM Manager ensures that master data is treated as a corporate asset that is effectively owned, managed and controlled, leading to high master data quality across the group. They will work closely with the MDM owner and other Masterdata stakeholders to embed Masterdata strategy, policies and governance and to reinforce consistency and integration. The role also works closely with MDM team across the wider group.
The role will be equally split across governance, operational and project responsibilities. These responsibilities will include the following:
Governance of Masterdata is critical to ensuring high quality Masterdata to support group processes and reporting.
• Works closely with the MDM owner and other Masterdata stakeholders to embed MDM policies and procedures across master data in GI. Ensure continued adherence to data governance policy and principles.
• Drives best practice in MDM and champions its adoption, demonstrating the benefits of coherent and accessible data with support from GI MDM organisation.
• Consistently review the GI MDM governance structure ensuring that all roles are adequately trained. Escalate any resource or capability gaps to MDM Owner.
• Interrogates existing data quality reporting and other key resources for analysis of data quality, data accuracy, and Masterdata access and process compliance.
• Engagement with GBS MDM regarding continual improvement of data governance reporting.
• Establish regular cadence of data quality and data consistency reviews across all of the main data objects in GI.
• Develop and manage suite of GI specific master data standards.
• Work with GI MDM organisation to ensure integrity of master data and maintenance of master data standards.
• Coordinates and facilitates decision making regarding data usage, data changes and data related resource allocation.
Operational & Business Support:
Ongoing proactive management of Masterdata related issues – both technical and process – develops business trust in the MDM function and in the data it manages.
• Analyses, investigates, and manages resolution of master data problems associated with SAP and its integration systems and understand techniques for analysis of Masterdata in each of the applications / systems.
• Performs data analysis activities including data profiling, creation of data dictionaries, data transformation rules and integration requirements.
• Ensures key master data technical principles are adhered to for all applications
• Drives continual improvement in master data activities across all Glanbia Ireland functions. (eg: Conduct master data audits with key stakeholders and develop program of continual improvement initiatives)
• Deliver training to business users on data standards, processes and policies.
A consistent approach and management of Masterdata on projects ensures adherence to core governance principles and a smooth transition into business as usual post go live.
• Provides subject matter expertise on master data for all future data related GI projects.
• Work-stream lead on large data related GI projects.
• Supporting Master data Senior Analysts (GBS) on key strategic projects – data conversion, system testing, training documentation, post go live support.
• Understand master data impacts and interactions arising from Group-wide & GI specific technology deployments.
• Identify and document master data integrations and overlaps between GI applications (Data Architecture / lineage),
• Understands business requirement / business logic and translates into functional specifications for the relevant GBS teams.
• Bachelor’s Degree and relevant experience and training
Skills & Experience
• 5 years’ experience working in a SAP environment
• Experience working in a master data role in an SAP Implementation
• Demonstrate understanding of SAP master data in at least two SAP functional areas
• Previous experience managing master data in complex environments
• Experience of planning and implementation of large volumes of data change
• Experience of IT project management
To apply please send your CV to [email protected]ny-whelan.ie