Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Industry: Medical Device
Reports to: Engineering Team Leader
The primary purpose of this job is to support a major Manufacturing Engineering Project involving the start up of a new facility.
The position is part of a team within the Engineering department that contributes to the overall business metrics. This position will provide project leadership on continuous improvement, and risk mitigation initiatives and will also include liaison with outside suppliers and other Design & Manufacturing sites to ensure all goals and targets of the manufacturing process are achieved
• Support the day to day manufacturing operation environment to allow operations to meet its targets.
• Support business key metrics with ongoing process improvements and introduction of new technology.
• Deliver key projects to the Value Stream which will positively impact on the key metrics.
• Drive process improvements/capacity increases through New technology/equipment introductions.
• Competent in validation requirements on new equipment introductions/processes/process changes.
• Design & develop tools, fixtures, gages and special equipment for manufacturing operations and new product / process introductions in conjunction with Toolroom Technicians and Manufacturing Engineers.
• Identify capital spend and budget requirements for process improvements.
• Preparation and maintenance of all relevant manufacturing specifications.
• Preparation and project management of all line extensions/NPI including supporting documentation as reqd.
• Focus on reduction of unit cost of production, through accountability for specific cells i.e. Consumable Cost, Scrap Cost and Cell Efficiency.
• Support ongoing Safety Incident corrective actions and ERGO team initiatives/actions
• Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering / Science discipline, with relevant experience.
• Experience in Validation of equipment and implementation of automated machining solutions is desired.
• Experience in CNC machining of Cobalt Chrome, Titanium & Plastics
• Experience in UniGraphics CAM package is desired
• Experience in Laser Systems (Cognex, Vision Pro, etc.) is desired
• Experience in regulated industry, FDA, ISO, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to lead significant projects to completion, on time and within budget
• Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to make effective decisions
For additional information, or to submit your CV get in touch with Sarah : [email protected]