The primary purpose of this job is to support manufacturing through the continuous development of manufacturing processes and support day to day operations to achieve BU targets.
• Support the day to day manufacturing operation environment to allow operations to meet its targets
• Support business key metrics with ongoing process improvements and introduction of new technology.
• Deliver key projects to the Value Stream which will positively impact on the key metrics.
• Drive process improvements/capacity increases through NPI/New technology/equipment introductions
• Competent in validation requirements on new equipment introductions/processes/process changes
• Design & develop tools, fixtures, gages and special equipment for manufacturing operations and new product / process introductions in conjunction with Toolroom Technicians and Manufacturing Engineers.
• Identify capital spend and budget requirements for process improvements.
• Preparation and maintenance of all relevant manufacturing specifications.
• Preparation and project management of all line extensions/NPI including supporting documentation as reqd.
• Focus on reduction of unit cost of production, through accountability for specific cells i.e. Consumable Cost, Scrap Cost and Cell Efficiency.
• Support ongoing Safety Incident corrective actions and ERGO team initiatives/actions
• Actively interfacing with cross-functional team members, always practicing good team work in support of day to day operating requirements.
• Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the Projects Engineering team.
• Develop and maintain a Credo & Behavioural Standards based culture within the Projects Engineering group.
• Preparation and maintenance of manufacturing specifications for specific projects.
• Ensure effective closure on Quality System documents (Audit Actions, NCR’s, CAPA’s, Maps, etc).
• Ensure all process developments, NPI etc are managed in accordance with the Quality management system.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED (TO PERFORM THE JOB TO ACCEPTABLE STANDARD)
• Excellent proven Project Management skills.
• Ability to manage multiple assignments or projects with sound analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
• Flexible work ethic.
• Strong influencing skills.
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
• Problem Solving skills – to assist in maintaining project progress and on design issues.
• Decision Making – required to make decisions on technical issues.
• Degree of responsibility – must be capable of taking direction and taking responsibility and ownership for systems.
• Excellent planning & organisation skills.
• Extent of confidentiality – discretion is essential in view of contact with outside parties, product development strategies, regulatory and sales information.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering / Science discipline, with 2+ years relevant experience.
• Experience in regulated industry, FDA, ISO, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to lead significant projects to completion, on time and within budget
• Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to make effective decisions