The primary purpose of this job is to support the transfer of manufacturing processes to the Ireland facility.
The position is part of a team within the Engineering department that involves the development, validation and production launch of manufacturing processes against targeted project milestones. This position will provide technical and project leadership on key manufacturing processes and risk mitigation initiatives and will also include liaison with outside suppliers and other DePuy Design & Manufacturing sites to ensure all goals and targets of the manufacturing process transfer are achieved
• Deliver key projects to the Value Stream which will positively impact on the key metrics.
• Support business key metrics with ongoing process improvements and introduction of new manufacturing processes and technologies.
• Support the manufacturing process development to meet project milestones and to allow operations to meet its targets.
• Drive process improvements/capacity increases through new technology / equipment introductions.
• Competent in validation requirements on new equipment introductions / processes / process changes.
• Design & develop tools, fixtures, gages and special equipment for manufacturing operations and new product / process introductions in conjunction with Toolroom Technicians and process Engineers.
• Identify capital spend and budget requirements for process improvements.
• Preparation and maintenance of all relevant manufacturing specifications.
• Preparation and project management of all line extensions / NPI including supporting documentation as reqd.
• Focus on reduction of unit cost of production, through accountability for specific cells Support ongoing Safety Incident corrective actions and ERGO team initiatives/actions
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED (TO PERFORM THE JOB TO ACCEPTABLE STANDARD)
• Ability to manage multiple assignments or projects with sound analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
• Flexible work ethic.
• Strong influencing skills.
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
• Problem Solving skills – to assist in maintaining project progress and on design issues.
• Decision Making – required to make decisions on technical issues.
• Degree of responsibility – must be capable of taking direction and taking responsibility and ownership for systems.
• Excellent planning & organisation skills.
• Extent of confidentiality – discretion is essential in view of contact with outside parties, product development strategies, regulatory and sales information.
• Continuous Improvement Focus
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Essential – General ME
• Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering / Science discipline, with 2+ years relevant experience.
• Experience in Validation of equipment and implementation of manufacturing processes is desired.
• Experience in regulated industry, FDA, ISO, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to lead / contribute to significant projects to completion, on time and within budget
• Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to make effective decisions
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence
For further information please contact Brendan on 00353 21 4665422 or send your updated CV to [email protected]