Kenny-Whelan are sourcing an Innovative Laboratory Manager for our client, a pioneering Biotech start-up based in Dublin
Head of Biology and Pharmacology
Overview of the role
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist with a background in drug discovery, peptide/protein science and translational research to lead our preclinical pharmacology supporting programs in research and in clinical development stages. This individual will play a key role in designing, optimizing, and implementing a wide-range of biochemical and cell-based assays, as well as in assessing biochemical and cellular activity of candidate compounds. As a member of a multidisciplinary team, you will work closely with team members to identify, characterize and advance compounds through research, preclinical and clinical development
Key responsibilities of the role are summarized below and are subject to change according to business needs:
- You will lead the team, using previous experience in a Pharma environment to challenge the status quo and solve problems on a daily basis, demonstrating commercial awareness, whilst leading projects and budget management.
- You will lead breakthroughs whilst also being responsible for leading the growth in the team, growing the current team of 7, whilst being able to take the lead from day one in terms of lab management, set up and construction.
Requirements for this position
The successful candidate will be an experienced Laboratory Manager and who can be a pioneer in their field.
Someone who is seeking to accelerate their career in a diverse, fast-moving, growing and innovative company. This role offers exposure to and working closely with the CSO as well as key stakeholders.
Qualifications & Experience
- You will have a PhD in Biology or a similar discipline whilst also having solid industry experience (8+ years), ideally from a various range of companies, in order to bring new ways of thinking and best practice
- The Head of Biology will most likely have experience leading a small (> 5 people) biology or drug discovery group in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company
- Experience in strategic planning, project leadership, laboratory and budget management
- Expertise in cell and molecular biology, biochemistry, and pharmacology, as well a broad understanding of physiological principles of health and disease, you will be a problem solver that can understand the science but also the commercials.
- You will shirk tradition and ask how we can do things differently, whilst having a refreshing and positive outlook with the ability to roll up your sleeves and take ownership on a daily basis.
- Commercially aware and a proven business acumen.
- Demonstrated capability in project management & building relationships.
- Possess excellent communication skills
- A team player with strong influencing skills.
Contact Jenn Dinan on 00353 214665408 and forward your CV to [email protected]
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence.