Title: EHS Specialist
Assists with the design, implementation, maintenance and review of Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHS&S) programmes to ensure compliance with regulatory, corporate
and industry requirements. Acts as an SME and advisor to all teams on site in relation to EHS
Primary role –
• Provide EHS support for projects at the Cork site:
o Incident & accident investigation
o EHS communication & training
o Conduct EHS Impact Assessments (IA) to ensure that all EHSS requirements and company standards are in place.
o PTW / construction safety support for execution of projects
o Support IA action closure tracking, Machine Safety, JSA’s, Chemical Risk Assessments, Noise, IH/Ergonomics etc.
o Provide EHS support for site projects – EHS by design & Construction support as required
o Participate in site HAZOP process for projects.
o Support Impact Assessment action closure tracking, Machine Safety, JSA’s, Chemical Risk Assessments, Noise, Industrial Hygiene, Ergonomics etc
Additional scope –
• Perform periodic walkdowns / audits / programme reviews to ensure compliance with safety and environmental permits, plans, policies and regulatory requirements.
• Assist in the preparation, implementation and review of EHS Procedures and other EHS documents appropriate to the scope of site activities and in compliance with company requirements.
• Provide technical support for the site risk assessment / JSA programme and assist in implementing appropriate control measures for identified risks.
• Assist in the implementation of the Industrial Hygiene Monitoring program.
• Support Chemical management and New product inductions through site chemical and New product introduction risk assessment.
This is not an exhaustive, comprehensive listing of job functions. May perform other duties as
She/he will have a strong EHS general/technical knowledge and experience in the Bio/Pharma industry or equivalent, be a strong effective communicator with all stakeholders. She/he will be a strong collaborator with a proven track and a strong networker able of leveraging EHS&S expertise on and off site.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Previous experience working to ISO14001 and ISO 45001 international standards, preferably
within a Biopharma/pharmaceutical or related environment is required.
• A relevant third level qualification in Science, Engineering or EHS, with at least 5 years’ experience in the environment, health and safety area is a prerequisite for the position.
• Good overall knowledge of legal requirements and best practices in both Environment and Safety
• Previous experience in dealing with regulatory agencies
• Creates dashboards, power-point presentations and can track and trend KPI’s, assembling information into clearly written reports, documented findings or recommendations and communicate this progress in easily understandable manner to all stakeholders.
• Familiarity with ISO 14001 and ISO 45001would be a distinct advantage
• Excellent communication, presentation, and training skills
• A flexible approach, good priority setting skills and ability to deal with multiple tasks
• Experience in participating in the implementation of an Industrial Hygiene Program
For more information please contact: [email protected]an.ie