Reporting to the Technical Manager Dairy Processing, the successful candidate will develop new products and optimise a range of dairy processes.
These include membrane separation, drying science & technology, crystallisation processes, cheese technology and formulation.
This role will work within the R&D department with significant linkages with the Process Excellence and Operations teams to develop and validate new processes, formulations and products as part of Glanbia Irelands strategic migration from commodity ingredient supply to production of value add ingredient solutions, nutritional powder & liquid products.
The role requires someone that has a scientific background with good technical, protein chemistry, analytical and manufacturing process knowledge.
• Deliver R&D projects and programmes of work from concept through to commercial delivery as part of a wider business team.
• Interpret and manage project related pilot and factory trials in compliance with all R&D procedures.
• Work with Process Excellence, Operations and Quality teams to ensure seamless transfer of new formulations and technologies into standardised production and commercialisation.
• To work with cross-functional teams to problem solve product quality or consistency issues.
• To contribute to the development of new technologies and capabilities for R&D in the field of dairy processing.
• Develop an understanding of the impact of processing on product applications and key nutritional and functional requirements.
• Measure and collate processing data that will assist with identifying optimisation areas for both product and process across the business.
• Identify and implement process improvements across all dairy functions.
• Carry out pilot plant trials and conduct physical and chemical analysis on proteins, lipids carbohydrates as required.
• A Food Science/Science qualification or higher with experience in the dairy, food or pharma sector
• Ideally 5 + years relevant R&D/NPD/Technical or Operational experience in a value-added dairy or food and pharma related industry.
• Nutritional and dairy chemistry, Dairy Processing expertise including drying, membrane processing & UHT an advantage.
• Knowledge of drying and associated analytical techniques to characterise impact of processing on functionality
• Excellent communication skills particularly in technical arena for interaction at all levels.
• Fluent in English.
To apply please sent your CV to [email protected]