The purpose of this position is to establish and subsequently manage HR Transactions & Payroll Services in the UK.
The HR Operations Manager will lead the HR Operations team in the UK (ca. 10 – 15 people) to deliver excellence in HR transactional service provision to all stakeholders in the UK.
This role is accountable for the set-up and running of effective and efficient HR Services and Payroll processes in UK to ensure robust governance, control, compliance and customer service, in full alignment with the global HR Operations strategy and HR Operational Excellence framework.
Key Accountabilities will include (but are not restricted to):
- Manages provision of high quality administrative and transactional processing support in the delivery of HR lifecycle and HR calendar events.
- Ensures approach to HR operations services and payroll administration is customer focused, efficient and cost effective with quick turnaround through optimal use of technology and slick processes.
- Tracks and monitors service levels, customer satisfaction and progress of cases and reporting/updating to all stakeholders regarding status and outcome.
- Ensures that team members possess the necessary skills and competencies, are motivated to deliver excellent service and are given opportunity to develop to perform to the best of their capabilities.
- Oversees on-going performance and development of HR systems including realisation of business case benefits and stakeholder buy-in.
- Delivers continuous improvement initiatives to deliver a standardised efficient service for HR lifecycle and HR calendar events processes
- Builds a strong relationship with customers including HR Business Partners, Line Managers and employees
- Acts as a change agent in the UK to develop and implement any HR operations processes or lead change projects. Undertakes HR Operations projects as required.
- Oversees the provision of data and management information in the format and quality required for the wider HR team and business leaders.
- Works closely together as a partner with the Business HR, Business Finance, Financial Control, Global HR Teams and other internal stake holders.
- Collaborates closely with Financial Controllers to support forecasting and budgeting of labour costs for all UK based Businesses. Ensures that monthly payroll related accruals & recharges to GL controllers (in particular short-term incentives, holiday pay, global mobility assignees
- Manages preparation for audit and owns and facilitates any subsequent action plans and responses.
Ensures that HR Operations policies and processes are in line with all relevant Irish legislation and aligned with global policies and/or related guidance.
Owns business continuity plan for the HR Operations function in the UK.
As a senior member of the team, contributes to HR Ops strategy and the leadership of the HR Ops function.
Qualifications: Degree in HR, Business or related field
Experience and aptitude:
- Minium of 5-10 years experience, with 2-3 years in a supervisory role
- Strong organisational and planning skills, demonstrating accuracy and attentions to detail
- Demonstrable track record in setting up and running efficient transactions and processes
- Excellent customer service focus and manner, demonstrating a sense of urgency in resolving issues
- Understanding of how and when to escalate issues
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of HRIS/Payroll experience
- Previous experience of SAP HR is advantageous
- Understanding of relevant general HR & Payroll legislation
- Solida fundamentals working with Microsoft applications
Please contact Elaine on 021 4665407 or e-mail [email protected] with your updated CV.