Assists with the design, implementation, maintenance and review of the company’s Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHS&S) programmes to ensure compliance with regulatory, corporate and industry requirements. Acts as an SME, single point of contact and advisor to all departments on site in relation to EHS matters.
- Provide EHS project support for projects at the Cork site:
- Conduct EHS Impact Assessments (IA) to ensure that all EHSS requirements and company standards are in place.
- PTW / construction safety support for execution of projects
- Support IA action closure tracking, Machine Safety, JSA’s, Chemical Risk Assessments, Noise, IH/Ergonomics etc.
- Support for 3 yearly shutdown in Feb 2021 – project walkdowns, RAMS review etc.
- Contractor management support – Mai software
- PTW Co-ordination – work with Engineering, Facilities, Maintenance to co-ordinate high risk work permits (confined space, hot work, work at height, live electrical work etc.)
- PTW Improvements – work with Engineering, Facilities, Maintenance to co-ordinate improvements in the site PTW process – reviewing & improving process flows, updating SOPs, generating training material & rolling out etc.
Additional scope –
- Perform periodic walkdowns / audits / programme reviews to ensure compliance with safety and environmental permits, plans, policies and regulatory requirements.
• Assist in the preparation, implementation and review of EHS Procedures and other EHS documents appropriate to the scope of site activities and in compliance with company requirements.
• Provide technical support for the site risk assessment / JSA programme and assist in implementing appropriate control measures for identified risks.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience working to highly regulated environments and with ISO14001 and OSHAS 18001 international standards, preferably within a Biopharma/pharmaceutical or related environment is required.
- A relevant third level qualification in Science, Engineering or EHS, with at least 4 years’ experience in the environment, health and safety area is a prerequisite for the position.
- Good overall knowledge of legal requirements and best practices in both Environment and Safety
- Previous experience in dealing with regulatory agencies
- Previous experience in carrying out Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment
- Creates dashboards, power-point presentations and can track and trend KPI’s, assembling information into clearly written reports, documented findings or recommendations and communicate this progress in easily understandable manner to all stakeholders.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and training skills
For additional information, or to submit your CV get in touch with Sarah: [email protected]